Thursday, February 3

What happens when you let the kids vote

We've been needing to make a new chart to rotate Family Home Evening jobs. Our old one didn't include Gideon and he's been dying to participate. After much discussion and then a vote about what the "theme" should be, this was the winning idea:

In case you can't tell what this is, these Lego Rock Monsters (representing conducting, music, lesson, treat & activity) get to eat the crystals (our names) that rotate each week.

I would have done it a BIT differently by myself, but the kids sure think we're a cool family. I guess that's all that counts.

6 comments:

TomO said...

That's what happens when Amy and I forget to coordinate our votes.

Brittany said...

That is all the matters right? That your kids think you are cool? I don't think it matters what gets you to the "doing FHE point" as long as you do it!

Emily said...

We are obsessed with Rock Monsters. You're so lucky!

Jill said...

You know that it doesn't matter if you and Tom coordinate your votes. You're still out-voted 3-2!

Laura said...

Chad saw that voting thing coming years ago...he made the rule that each kid gets one vote, Mom gets 5 votes, and Dad gets 6. Which means he can outvote all the rest of us...I never did like that system...

rebecca said...

So great! Your design would have probably been "cute" and Deseret Book approved - and boring. Rock monsters and crystals are much cooler!