We've officially entered into the "school years," but this time as parents. Crazy. Jacob kept saying he was "excited but a little bit nervous" every time he was asked about starting school. It didn't really hit me until the week before school started about how sad I was. I've had this little crew of 3 following me around everywhere for so long--how could we break up this little posse? When we went to see the class lists posted and I saw Jacob's name linked up with a teacher and room number I almost lost it. It's official; he's off to bigger and better things.
We actually had an AMAZING, QUIET day that day: I let Allison be in charge (for the first time in her life, since Jacob always takes over!) so, she requested an ice cream party (at 10 am!) and we did it. We also had a tea party and played Connect Four. I put Gideon down for a nap, read a stack of books with Allison and she fell asleep! I had over an hour to myself--wow, wouldn't it be great if everyday was this way...
Jacob had a really great first week. He (and I) love his teacher, he loves what they are learning, and he's working hard to make friends. I feel like he has grown up so much these past couple of days and I feel like time is just going to fly by...
5 comments:
Pete also started full-day kindergarten. It's definitely bittersweet and quite an adjustment for a 5-year-old. He seems to enjoy it as well. I'm glad Jacob does too! Way to go Jacob (and mom and dad!).
This is huge! Jacob- Hooray for being so ready and excited for school! Hooray for learning! Hooray for fun and new friends! Tom and Amy- Hooray for making it through your first week of having a kindergartener! Hooray for fun times ahead as big-time cheerleaders for Jacob! Hooray for preparing Jacob so well for such a big transition! Allison- Hooray for Allison time! Hooray for taking charge! Hooray for fun times with Mom! Gideon- Hooray for being Allison's best buddy while Jacob's gone! Hooray for naps and Mom time! Hooray for being so cute! Congratulations to you all!
All day school is definitly a life change for everyone. Sounds like you're all making the most of it...fun!
I remember kindergarten with Griffin SO WELL! Like it was yesterday! Time really goes by fast... before you know it Jacob will be starting high school too! WOW!! Time sure does fly by!!
Well, I am excited for you and Jacob! Soon enough you will have your schedule down with Allison and Gideon! Jacob looks so grown up with his backpack all geared up for school! How adorable... like a little man!!
Tell him that we all say hello and wish him lots of luck at school! :) He will love it!
We will have to have a play date soon so Anton and Jacob can exchange "school stories"
:)
He looks so mature, all ready for his big day! Congrats on your alone time too.
Post a Comment