Sunday, April 26

Coming Clean

Fun with shaving. I will say that the final beard turned out looking better than I thought it would and the goatee was pretty ok. After some shaving, it got scary. I'm just glad he didn't wear only a mustache.

And then, it all got better. I got my Tom back. Ahh, this is the man I married :) I guess I learned my lesson that I can never leave him home alone while I go on vacation. That's how this began--remember the trip I took to UT all the way back in January??? That's how long this beard-growing thing has been going on.

I kinda cornered him into shaving it off. My birthday was coming up and guess what I told him the best birthday present in the whole world would be? Hooray--I got my clean-shaven husband back. Thanks to all in the ward, etc. who gave him a hard time about it. Fun was had by all! And now we can move on to other things...

So, for my birthday, we went out on a family hike overlooking Simi Valley. There was a beautiful view and the kids did a great job getting up there.

We were lucky enough to be invited to a Brazillian BBQ dinner party with a friend who was celebrating his birthday the same day. The food was AWESOME and swapping Brazillian mission stories was even better. Here's to #31!

5 comments:

rebecca said...

So disappointing! I would have loved to see Tom with a scary-stache.

Happy Birthday Amy.

Tringali Family said...

Happy Birthday! I agree that clean shaven is sooooo much better looking than hairy!

Jennifer Nielson said...

So fun to catch up with you guys through your blog! Love the beard transformation photos. My husband has this thing with "changing his look" all the time. I guess the facial hair is fun to experiment with now and then. How are you enjoying Cali? Do you plan to be there forever? Miss you!!

overlyactive said...

Happy Birthday Amy! We are getting too old! =) Devin went through the growing facial hair thing too and it's just not fun to kiss. Glad you got your Tom back!

Laura said...

Congratulations on getting your facial-hair-less hubby back! I remember when Chad finally shaved - it was a day for celebration!