This isn't even an April Fool's joke! Yes, I did run a 5K last weekend and it was awesome! I truly enjoyed it. I was pleased with my time of 28:35 -- I beat my goal of under 29 min and no walking. I didn't even think about walking. It was a great run.
And I was running with a cause: in honor of my late friend, Ginger. She ran this race last year and a large group of friends and relatives joined in the race this year to remember her. We were all wearing red shirts with the word Happiness across the front. This is what Ginger emulated in life and it was the title of her last blog entry, written the night before she unexpectedly passed away. I was overwhelmed with the number of people wearing these shirts and I didn't even see everyone. What a blessing to think of and be motivated by her memory as we all ran along.
I don't think of myself as a 'runner' in any way, but I have enjoyed training for and running a few of these races as they come along. I'll leave you with a parting shot of my cute stretching partner:
7 comments:
I just took a peek at her blog and it hurts my heart. What a great tribute.
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!
Way to go Amy!
Great job. I love your stretching partner.
Way to go Amy. You beat Beethoven (remember doing that one--the 29 minute 5th symphony)?
I can walk 3.5 miles on the treadmill with a lot of effort. Keep up the good effort.
Dad
That is so neat cause. Running is awesome, I love the feeling of completing a race. Good for you! I'm so glad you found my blog, I was actually thinking of you a bit ago, wondering how you are. Your family is beautiful. Can't wait to catch up by reading your blog.
HT
Love it! You are an inspiration. i just started running and am planning to do my first 5K when the weather turns. Don't think I'll be near that time, but I'll be thinking of you!
Post a Comment