Thanks to my crazy, too-nice friend :) we were able to leave our kids for an entire day and head off to California Adventure ALONE! From the moment we got there, we realized it would be a good day: no stroller, no bags, and no terribly slow-moving kids. We filled our big cargo pants pockets with sandwiches and granola bars and we were on our way! I was thrilled to realize that we only went to the bathroom once and we just ate in line throughout the day! And no camera either, which is actually quite liberating--thus the drawing marks the only record of our visit.It was a beautiful day, and luckily the crowds were pretty sparse. We were able to ride most things several times and I loved being spontaneous and only having to choose the path with one person (and the BEST person, in my opinion). I realized I love the thrills of feeling my stomach drop multiple times and that Tom & I are about on the same wavelength with this. We also enjoyed some shows, an animation class, and an engineering exhibit. Fun times all around! What an awesome day with Tom!!
5 comments:
How fun! I love roller coaster rides!
You and Tom have had some pretty awesome dates- I can recall quite a few- so it is fun to see this post, "Best Date EVER." What a fun day! We thought it was pretty fun to get your call as you were driving home from your adventure, still full of excitement and bubbling with enthusiasm.... Just having been to Disneyland with your family definitely gave some perspective for the two of you to enjoy a "hands-free" day of pure enjoyment! (Tell Becky we think she is awesome!)
Glad you had so much fun!!
The day sounds fabulous! No strollers and minimal bathroom visits. Ahhhhh.
I can't wait to do the same in a couple months. You've made me even more anxious! :)
That sounds so great! It was wonderful to see you guys and appreciate you having us over!
Post a Comment