
We have a new fun family activity: The Moorpark College Track! We discovered it a couple of months ago and it's only a minute away from our home. The kids run around and around and love it! Gideon rides happily around in his stroller. These pictures are from a Family Home Evening activity (Jacob's choice).

Allison is so cute with her curls bouncing behind her. She can run for a pretty long time and then she likes to sit and rest.

This particular night, Jacob ran about 8 laps without stopping! He was pushing the stroller half the time. I kept offering to take it, but he confessed that it made it easier for him to run. He said, "I just found out I'm not as strong as I thought I was. I have to push the stroller to be able to run." I was impressed he could even steer it! We could hardly get him to stop when it was getting dark.

On different running occasions, we have gotten a lot of comments from other runners and even the track coach, saying he's a "future track star." Jacob beams and reminds me throughout the week that he needs to go running to get his exercise to train for the Olympics.
4 comments:
What a great story...it made me smile! Go Jacob! Go Allison! Go Gideon! (with Jacob's help) And... Go Amy and Tom!
I LOVE the pic of the 3 of you set in the imaginary blocks - especially Allison with her leg in the air! Too cute. What a great, active example you're setting and while creating family memories. Great job Omer Racers!
I did have a quick conversation with Jacob during our babysitting a while back when he said Micheal Phelps was awesome and talked about him for a good 10 minutes. It was so cute!
Go Omers!
Wow! That's inspiring. We need to do that as a family. Lucy gets tired just going around the block..."I can't walk anymore...my legs won't go." Keep up the great running!
Post a Comment