Tuesday, September 4

#3

This is a new family portrait, by Jacob. First of all, I was so pleased with this drawing because he really has only scribbled up until now. This represents one of the first with recognizable figures. I love it.

Secondly, you'll notice it has 3 little smiling faces. If any of you didn't know, we are expecting a 3rd little one in our family in late February. So this drawing also acts as the first picture of our future family. I was very excited to have him explain it to me and point out the new baby he had drawn!

7 comments:

rebecca said...

1) You have to find out because I can't handle not knowing. :)
2) I think Gideon is very cool! I'm not a big fan of Elliot - maybe because Scrubs is one of my fav TV shows and the main female character is named Elliot so it's turned into a girl name for me?

Melissa C. said...

1) I'm with Rebecca - but seriously, if you want to be surprised, then wait!
2) I think both names are nice. I really like Eli (Emma was going to be Elijah - shortened to Eli if she was a boy). My big suggestion, though, is not to tell people names that you are "thinking" about, because no matter what you are always going to get negative feedback. But when you tell people a name that you already have "decided" on, they are more hesitant to make negative comments. Example: when I was pregnant with Noah, we were deciding between Noah and Simon for his name. I really like the name Simon, but so many people told me they didn't like it, that the name is forever ruined for me. Does that make sense? Anyway, I guess it's too late to worry about that since you already threw the names out there, but in the end, don't listen to anyone else - pick the name you like!

rebecca said...

Part 2

We didn't know if Kylie was a boy or a girl until the moment of birth. (If we could have found out, we would have, but it was out of our hands.) Talk about the coolest surprise EVER! It was such a thrill to announce to my family that we had a baby and "it's a . . . girl!!!" I think if you can handle waiting, why not?! I'm only half serious about finding out for my benefit. :)

And Melissa has a point. Sorry I shot down your name. I so don't care what people think about our kid's names. I mean, who names their kid Larkin anyway? I never got "I LOVE that name" just always "That's an interesting name" or something like that. Well, guess what, I get to pick so everyone can hate it if they want. I LOVE it. If you feel that way about the names you like, survey away. If you think people's opinions will sway you, don't tell. Surprise us all with the gender AND the name!

Stacie said...

We always found out what we were having. Dave always said you are either suprised now or later so why not now so you can prepare. But it is such a personal decision and completely up to you and Tom.

As far as names, I like Gideon and I would know how to pronounce it by looking at it. We were always terrible at agreeing on a name. We never liked the same name so when we found one that we both liked, that was it.

Emily said...

Totally wait, Jacob will accept it within hours. I think Gideon is a cool name, but am not sure if the current world is ready for it, though I do like Gabriel (Gabe)...Elliott was on the table for Trevor so I say yea to that one.

lys said...

Congrats on #3!!!!

1) I think you should find out, but I admire you if you can stand the suspense.

2) I'm a big fan of family names. The sentimentality of the name will outweigh what people may/may not say about it. Just go with what you like!

Marisa said...

Congratulations! Not that my opinion counts much, but I would hope that others would answer my questions on my blog when I ask questions ... so:

1) We waited to find out with our last baby after we had both genders; and we'd probably do it again. It was such a thrilling shock to "watch" whether we had a boy or a girl (we had a boy so it was a lot easier to see right away).

2) I like Gideon, and I think that if you choose to give him a nickname, that's what he'll go by. Example: I have a Katherine. She could go by Kate, Katie, Kathy, etc. But, she goes by Kate. There have been times when she has been called Katie (like her kindergarten teacher called her that at first), but most people just call her Kate after hearing us call her Kate. I also like Elliot. And, I love that you are thinking of family names.