Friday, November 14

Our Lame Baby

Unfortunately, Gideon's desire to pull up on everything resulted in his latest injury. Touching the outside of our hot oven, he received 2nd degree burns (with blisters) on his left hand. Luckily, a phone call to the Dr. reassured us we didn't need to spend time in the ER. He got this lovely new hand-wear the next day and I will spend the next week or two redressing it several times a day. And Gideon will spend the time chewing it off and thwarting all efforts to keep it in place.




















Although known as "Mr. Monster" as he gets into everything in his path, he is a darling kid. Here's a good shot of his toothy grin--6 teeth in all. And he bites, little stinker! :)

8 comments:

Jill said...

He's still adorable! Sorry about the hand. That happened to my friend's son only he grabbed molten sugar and got severe 3rd degree burns. I'm glad Gideon is okay.

rebecca said...

Oh no, Baby! Poor little guy. He's beyond adorable. So sorry he got hurt. If only getting burned means he's learned his lesson. But no, he will get into trouble again. :) Naughty.

Brian said...

Sad day!

Chrystal said...

Poory Baby! He's soo cute - I'm sorry he got hurt! Darn it! Thank goodness our bodes do heal!

K-Krew said...

Poor baby. Hope he's doing better. BTW he's pretty darn cute. Andrew is a biter too so if you find anything that works let me know.

nikki said...

Ouch, poor little guy, isn't it amazing how resilliant kids are?

AmyJune said...

I seriously think he is the cutest baby ever. (even though he is now "lame")

Laura said...

Sam burned his little hand when he was about the same age. Same type of bandage...except he had a big burn on his face as well. He pulled my hot curling iron off the sink and then proceeded to grab it. I don't know how, but he did not end up with a single scar. I am sure Gideon will be fine too!