I have never been into "causes." Until now. The time has come to stand up and fight to try to save our society through officially defining traditional marriage. Here we are in California at an historical time: when the family is under attack and impressionable children are in danger. This is why we have been knocking doors talking to people, attending meetings, displaying bumper stickers, walking in a parade--trying to explain that as the basic unit of society changes, so does EVERYTHING.I was on a committee to plan for our "Yes on Proposition 8" entry in the Moorpark Country Days parade. It RARELY rains here, but the weather report was calling for rain, and sure enough, that morning it was sprinkling/raining off and on. When I saw our crowd of supporters gathering, wearing matching t-shirts and holding yellow balloons, I couldn't help but fight to hold back tears. We were quite the sight--a true army of almost 350 people walking behind our Yes on 8 banner. I believe we made a great impression for those watching that may have thought they were the only ones wanting to keep marriage between a man and a woman.
Whether you live in CA or not, the results of the vote on Prop 8 will affect you because this is just the beginning. Please, if your funds allow, go to ProtectMarriage.com to learn more and contribute to make sure that the definition of marriage between a man & a woman is added to the CA constitution. And, if your time allows, please sign up for our Digital Network Army, an opportunity to fight this cause on the internet through blog posts/comments, youtube videos etc.I am starting to have a better understanding of the things we'll have to face as the world becomes more confused and wicked. I now have a strong testimony of The Family: A Proclamation to the World and the insight the prophet had 13 years ago to record its simple truths. Most importantly, I am realizing how tightly I must hold onto my family for whatever is ahead.
4 comments:
Amy you inspired me to state my opinion on my blog. Thanks!
Amy, well said. Amen to every word.
Thanks for making our position clear with this post! Well said!
Thanks for dropping me a line and your blog. I now have more friends to check up on! YOu have a cute family and sounds like California suits you. Nice job on the remodel. Looks great!!! We (me and the kids) are still in Logan trying to sell our house. I don't know how long it will take. I'll let you know if we need a house soon. We just keep praying and doing everything we can to be together soon. Keep in touch!!
Post a Comment