Friday, August 29

Am I Crazy?!

What was I thinking to try to do a "quick paint job" in the kitchen while the baby was asleep??
I guess I was asking for "help" from a 4 & 2 year old.

Jacob actually did really great work. Once Allison decided she was done, he fixed her dripping paint job. And then when he disappeared, I could go back over some of his work. It worked pretty well; I got it done and they had some fun "helping."

Luckily, I haven't found any yellow handprints around the house, yet...

10 comments:

Emily said...

You are one brave lady, and a great mom to boot!

Jan said...

Awesome! I couldn't believe my eyes! It would have scared me to death, but, I can't think of a better way to get yourself committed to a project than to let your preschoolers get it started for you! We did already know that Jacob was a great painter and that Allison had some experience, so it wasn't like you were using rookies, but as Emily said, "You are one brave lady!"

Jan said...

Love Jacob's painting shirt!

K and M said...

That's truly a testament to what great kids you've got. I would have had paint everywhere. You must be doing things right. :)

Jill said...

We tried that one time. Note...one time.

Chrystal said...

YOU ARE SO BRAVE!! WOW!!

Amber Omer said...

Awesome! Dave is still trying to convince me to let Abby help us paint a small wall in our living area (under our kitchen bar). I'm sure she would LOVE it! lol

Stacie said...

I have a picture of Keri doing that when she was about 4. Dangerous, yes, but so much fun for the kids!

Meg said...

You are a go getter! I won't even paint when my one and only baby is asleep for fear she will wake up in the middle of a coat. We miss you guys!

Jennifer Nielson said...

AMY!!

Your family is SO cute. I cannot believe how big your kids are! Time flies. I'm so excited to stay in touch via blogs. It is such a great way to see all that is happening. Thanks for the posts!

We are living in Michigan now for law school. I have been updating our blog lately (still not quite up to date yet--but adding a few posts everyday) so stay tuned! thefairytalecontinues.blogspot.com