
As you can see, we had a fun 4th at the beach! We learned that if you go to the beach EARLY on a holiday, you beat the crowds and the blazing heat! Allison finally discovered the fun she can have in the water, even when waves pulled her down. All she wanted to do was walk and jump in the water, holding onto one of our hands. Jacob ran his traditional circles in and out of the water with the waves chasing him.

We started out the day bright and early at the Channel Islands Harbor 5K Run, where I played the role of 'runner' while Tom & the kids cheered me on. It was a fun run through some beach neighborhoods with a view of the beach at the end. It was good for me to train and then actually do it--I felt so great at the end! I reached my goal of running the whole thing (no walking allowed!), but came a bit short of my goal of running under 30 minutes, finishing in 32. Next time I'll be faster...

We did see fireworks on the 3rd and gathered with friends for a BBQ after the race and beach on the 4th. I loved watching Jacob enjoy the fireworks, exclaiming with each one that it was "AWESOME!" Allison lost interest after a few minutes, but at least she wasn't scared. Gideon ate his blanket in his car seat. Good times!!
5 comments:
What a great look at your 4th of July celebrations! Good times at the beach! It brings back memories.... Congratulations on the 5K, Amy! To think that it all started with our little runs in the morning, while Grandpa tended the kids, only 8 weeks after Gideon's delivery. I am impressed! Way to go!!
So fun! We'll have to do a 5K together someday when our paths cross. (I love the lady streching next to you.)
Sounds like a wonderful holiday! And congrats on the awesome 5K! You are amazing Amy!
How awesome! Thanks for sharing! You look great!
You're an inspiration to us all, Amy! Way to go! You look FAB!
Post a Comment