Thursday, May 1

Our First Pet


This is the sight we now see as we look out our back window. Hummingbirds! The kids and I have been thinking it would be fun to get a hummingbird feeder. I had one at my house growing up and I realized I missed it. In the week that we've had it I have thoroughly enjoyed it!! The birds are so fascinating to watch, especially in the morning while we are eating breakfast. We had four there drinking at the same time this morning! I think this is the perfect "pet": minimal effort & exciting results!

8 comments:

Stefani M. said...

I agree. What a great "pet"!

Emily said...

Wow, those feeders haven't changed at all! (Or is that the same one?)

Jan said...

You made me smile and Emily made me laugh! (No, Emily, we still have the original and when we finally have spring- it snowed yesterday and was absolutely freezing!- Lucky, Ruby, and all the gang will be back, hanging out on the deck.) We love watching our hummingbirds, too, especially while we're eating. What a great treat for your kids to get "up close and personal" with some pretty wild life!

Stacie said...

Hummingbird feeders are the best. So fun!

Helen said...

Awesome! I love watching hummingbirds! I hope you guys are doing well. :)

Nicole said...

Our first pet for the kids was a blue bird that frequented our backyard at our last house. We named him "Peanut" because any time we would go in the backyard he would appear and eat peanuts (in the shell) right out of our hands. I always told the kids that was their "pet." When we moved to this house, the neighbor's cat hung out here more than at it's own house. That was our 2nd "pet." See the pattern??? hee hee

I love the hummingbird "pet." :-)

AmyJune said...

Now that's my idea of a good pet.

Amber Omer said...

What a wonderful idea! Abby loves birds more than me sometimes! :)