No, Jacob didn't get arrested over the summer. He was having a grand old time learning about police cars with real police officers! We went on a field trip with the First 5 organization to the Moorpark Police Station. There were way too many people in our group and the information about the station was over Jacob's head, but as soon as we got to see the vehicles, it was all worth it!We had to fight our way through the anxious kids and parents to get near this motorcycle. He was on for roughly 1 second before someone else kicked him off. I would have liked for him to see the controls, but hey, at least we got a picture.

The next week we went to the Moorpark College Zoo with First 5. We saw a long show where they introduced many animals.
The Murrays were there too, so Jacob had a great time hanging out with them. I loved watching Camille hold Allison's hand as they walked around.
And the monkeys were fun to watch. They were very active and this one was loud. It really caught Allison's attention.I am always really glad to have an excuse to go and do things, but through these big group field trips I remembered how much I hate going to events in a big organized group. I would much rather take the kids to see something with a small group of friends or on my own to avoid all the crowds and waiting and having to follow instructions, etc. This also made me realize that I need to gear up for the kids' school field trips that I'll probably end up helping with--then I'll have to get back into the big crazy group mode I thought I had escaped. But it's all good.
4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! I'm with you, though, I much prefer smaller groups!
Looks like a fun day. That pic of Camille and Allison is too cute!
Allison looks like such a big girl walking around these days. My Allison has not taken a liking to that walking thing yet. She's teasing me. It looks like First 5 has a lot going on. Pretty cool. Yeah, smaller crowds are better, but you probably wouldn't have gone those places on your own. Fun!
Those look like some fun activities. I know what you mean by going and doing big group things, it is so much work and hassle, but in the long run usually ends up being worth it.
Post a Comment