when you're having fun in So. California!! We recently hit our one year mark since moving here. We took a hike several weeks ago, almost the same hike we did a year ago. Here we are in July 2006, next to the same waterfall:
Now that I look at these pictures together, I guess we don't look that different, but boy at least the kids have changed a lot.I thought I'd take a moment to make a little list of the fun things we've done in CA thus far. We have a lot more to do, but we feel like we've been taking advantage of the area.
- Many hikes around the area
- Many different beaches, mostly in Ventura or Malibu
- The small Moorpark College Zoo
- Hollywood several times
- The Getty Center several times
- Yeah for having an IKEA in the area for us to visit every now and then!
- City Walk in Universal City
- Disneyland on Jacob's 3rd Birthday!
- A concert at the Hollywood Bowl
- The LA Temple many times
- La Brea Tar Pits
- LACMA (LA County Museum of Art)
- A ride on the Metrolink to the Burbank Airport
- Ronald Regan Library several times
- Jacob and I walked in the Moorpark Country Days Parade with his preschool
- Underwood Family Farm
- A short vacation to the small town of Paso Robles
- The Festival of Books on the UCLA campus
- Geocaching around Moorpark with the Gredings
- We've now flown through 3 airports in the area: Burbank, LAX, and Long Beach
- Plus so many parks in the area!
Anyway, there's still a lot more to see and do, but it's been a fun year and we look forward to many more years here!
6 comments:
Wow! You guys are really taking advantage of the area! Good for you guys! That waterfall hike looks so pretty! Where is that at?
Hopefully you will be here for many years to come.
You'd better be here for many more years!
I honestly can't tell which picture is from 2006 and which is from 2007! It's hard to tell how big Allison is in Tom's backpack.
Where is that waterfall? I didn't even know we had a waterfall in Moorpark. You need to invite us on one of your hikes. :)
You forgot to mention the time you went geocaching in the middle of nowhere.
The falls are called Paradise Falls, and are located in WildWood Park in Thousand Oaks. Basically, you go west on Avenida de los Arboles unitl the road ends. There's a parking lot there with trailheads, or you can drive in on a dirt road to another parking lot with trailheads. It's a cool area with lots of trails and different ways to go. Read more about it at LocalHikes.com (a great resource, by the way). We'll have to let you know next time we plan a hike!
By the way, I've added the geocaching to the list. How could we have forgotten that fun double-date night with the Gredings!
I think you've done more in CA than me and I lived there for 25 years of my life. :) Glad you're enjoying it. It's nice to see you back blogging! I've been waiting for a new post!
Love the "before and after" shots. You guys have done a lot in 1 year- Wow! Boy, two small kids in tow and it doesn't slow you down a bit. Glad you are getting well acquainted with California, albeit the housing market as well. ;/ It keeps dropping.... Someday.
Post a Comment